Recipe of the Week
Egg and Bacon Cups
This recipe is a fast and easy breakfast for athletes and can be made days in advance. We recommend that you make them on Sunday night for the rest of the week. They can be kept fresh in the refrigerator or frozen for a few days.
12 large EGG WHITE, CHICKEN, RAW, fresh
12 oz CHEDDAR CHEESE, natural; mild, medium, sharp or extra sharp
4 serving TURKEY BACON
1 tsp PEPPER, GROUND, fine grind ‘Mr. Pepper’
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly mist a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook the bacon in the microwave on paper towels until crisp and then crumble.
2. Scramble the eggs in a seperate bowl with the pepper. Pour scrambled eggs into the cups until they are approx. 3/4 of the way full.
3 Add approx. 1 Tbsp. shredded Cheddar cheese, and 1 Tbsp. crumbled bacon, to each cup.
4. Bake about 12 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are set.
5. Allow cups to cool, and then place pan in refrigerator over night.
6. The next morning take cup out of pan and microwave until hot (usually about 1 minute.)